Sunday, September 6, 2015

Topics Brainstorming

Topic: Nursery Rhymes: Happily Ever After
Comments: I am a typical woman who is a sucker for love stories, so writing a storybook of love stories might be my calling for this project.
Possible Stories: After turning Jack and Jill into a love story, I feel that I could do the same for many other nursery rhymes. The access I have to nursery rhymes in this class is endless, so finding four will not difficult, deciding on which four to use will be like pulling teeth!
Sample Story: One nursery rhyme I would be interested in using would be Hey Diddle Diddle from The Real Mother Goose. I like this one because items are already paired in the story and I would come up with how the things became a pair/couple.
Bibliography:
Hey Diddle Diddle
The Real Mother Goose
Illustrated by Blanche Fisher Wright
Release Date: January 5, 2004 [Last updated January 14, 2011]
(Photo from Wiki Media)
Topic: Cherokee Tales
Comments: Being of part Cherokee is the main reason this topic stands out to me. To be quite honest, this would be my last pick for my storybook topic.
Possible Stories: I found most of the possible stories through the links on the Native American Storybooks page. Having taken many Native American course at the University of Oklahoma, I also have quite a bit of resources in my old textbooks.
Sample Story: One story that stood out to me was How the World was Made.  It stood out to me because it is very creative as is compared to my personal beliefs, so I would have a lot of fun recreating it.
Bibliography:
How the World was Made
Myths of the Cherokee
James Mooney
1900


Topic: The Hero’s that Never Died
Comments: Much like my obsession with love stories, I have a soft spot for heroes of all kinds. I think it would be interesting to take heroes that may have lost their final battles and retell the story to where they survive.
Possible Stories: I could use many different stories of for different legends and hero from many different genres. I would really need to focus in on one specific group of heroes in order to make this a reliable topic.
Sample Story: One example would be The Son-in-Law Tests from Native American Heroes. I feel like I am stuck on Native American stuff after just looking up and researching Cherokee topics.
Bibliography:
The Son-in-Law Tests
Tales of the North American Indians
Stith Thompson
1929


Topic: The Real Mermaids of the Sea, Fins Not Feet
Comments: This would be my second to last topic I would pick. I used to love The Little Mermaid so I feel that I could expand that old love into a storybook for this course.
Possible Stories: The topic of Mermaid Storybooks has many links to mermaid stories and resoures. This topic would not be one that would be hard to find information and stories to use.
Sample story: My go to story would be Andersen’s version of The Little Mermaid. I would use this one because I loved the movie the movie so much.
Bibliography:
The Little Mermaid
Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen
1872

No comments:

Post a Comment